Once persistent pain evolves into complex chronic pain, single modality treatments—oral medications, injections, physical therapy—become less effective. In these complicated cases, physical, psychosocial, and emotional components are active and must be addressed simultaneously in a multidisciplinary chronic pain program for effective recovery.
Behavioral Health Objectives
- Improve pain control without addicting drugs when possible
- Improve physical conditioning and restore physical function
- Improve psychological function
- Return patients to work and productivity
- Promote self-management and reduce reliance on health care system
- Decrease cost of medical care associated with the Chronic Pain Syndrome
- Increase control over pain.
- Decrease pain and accompanying suffering.
Our Behavioral Health incorporates a multi-disciplinary approach to pain management including
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Group and Individual Counseling
Behavioral Health Treatments
- Pool Therapy
- Physical Therapy in our state of the art Rehabilitation facility
- Our health for life program
- Individual psychological therapy
- Group Psychotherapy therapy
We have ample evidence that coordinated pain rehab improves multiple parameters. We help patients focus on coping skills and help them increase tolerance for physical activity. Successful patients gain control over their pain and its consequences.